Our Range Fitness Program is a comprehensive and progressive system to frequently and consistently train accurate marksmanship under stress.
Range Fitness Training Sessions mark a significant paradigm shift in range time and marksmanship instruction and improvement. Stop simply shooting, and start "training," at the range.
What the Range Fitness System Is and Does:
- Makes efficient use of range resources (ammo) and time. Training sessions last 90-120 minutes and use around 130 rounds per shooter.
- Puts the focus on hitting the target, not simply putting a lot of rounds downrange.
- Planned, programmed and periodized training sessions reinforce marksmanship fundamentals and stress marksmanship. This includes dry-fire training sessions designed to develop and hone marksmanship fundamentals and performance and therefore maximize time and resources at during live fire training sessions.
- Accurately pushes, measures and tracks marksmanship progress
- Provides a real time laboratory to try and test equipment and shooting techniques
What Range Fitness is NOT:
- PT at the Range. Physical activity is used to raise heart rates and increase stress, but the focus is solidly on marksmanship improvement, not exercise.
- A "Stress Shoot". Battlefield Marksmanship drills are short, simple and repeatable. The goal is not to mimic all of the variables in a realistic tactical situation - the goal is to improve marksmanship under stress. In an analogy to football practice, the Battlefield Marksmanship System is a tackling drill, where as the traditional stress shoot is the end of practice scrimmage.
- Tactics Training. Focus is marksmanship in stressful, but controlled situations.
- Advanced Marksmanship Skills. We believe there is no such thing. Rather the best marksman are able to consistently and effively apply marksmanship fundamentals under stress.
RANGE FITNESS LEVEL I COURSE
Two day intense introduction to fundamental carbine and pistol marksmanship. This course is aimed at new and inexperienced marksman, (E-4 and below in the military). Course work is 80% at the range, and 20% in the classroom.
Length: 2 Days
Ammo Required: 800 Rounds 5.56, 300 Rounds sidearm
RANGE FITNESS LEVEL II COURSE
Two day "Train the Trainer" course aimed at experienced marksman (E-5 and above in the military). Intense review of marksmanship fundamentals, and application of these fundamentals under stress. Introduction to Battlefield Marksmanship programming theory and application. Seventy percent of the course work is at the range, thirty percent is in the classroom.
Length: 2 Days
Ammo Required: 800 Rounds 5.56, 300 Rounds Sidearm
RANGE FITNESS LEVEL III COURSE
Three day course for experienced operators and senior leaders with marksmanship training responsibilities. Intense review of marksmanship fundamentals, and application of these fundamentals under stress. Thorough instruction in Battlefield Marksmanship programming theory and application to include fully designing training cycles and training sessions. Sixty percent of the coursework is at the range, 40% is in the classroom.
Length: 4 Days
Ammo Required: 1,200 Rounds 5.56, 500 Rounds Sidearm
For more information and to schedule a course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Battlefield Marksmanship Course Signup